Vasanthi Ram shared easy tips to set thick creamy curds with dairy milk using earthenware or clay pot for best results.
Yogurt is most lauded for its benefits on the gut, being a source of probiotics and allowing good bacteria to inhibit the gut. But that is not all, as the milk used also brings benefits to the body. Whichever type of milk you choose, your body will be supplied with protein, calcium, phosphorus, B vitamins, potassium and vitamin D.
Ingredient & Method:
- In thick bottomed vessel add 4 Tbsp of water ( its added so that the cream does not stick to the bottom .also the temperatures adjust so the milk does not split.)
- then add 1lit fresh milk boil on medium heat stirring the milk at least twice & bring to boil.
- Cool to body temperature ( put a drop on the back of your palm to check)
- Now add 2tbls of curd culture stir in.
- Cover and keep overnight. 8 hrs is good enough.
- Keep this set curd in refrigerator.
- The cream on top can be collected to churn into butter then you can make clarified butter( ghee)
- Always use fresh cultures to set yogurt.