Do you like grilled fish, chicken, or satay?
If the answer is yes, you must be familiar with Sambal Kecap.
Sambal Kecap is the only Sambal where the ingredients are not crushed as in other Sambals. Usually, Sambal Kecap is the condiment for grilled food—especially grilled fish. The raw, fresh, and uncrushed ingredients create an undoubtedly hot and spicy Sambal!
Let’s make this at our kitchen.
- 3 cloves of shallots
- 9 red cayenne peppers
- 7 green cayenne peppers
- ½ teaspoon of lime juice
- 1 medium-sized tomato
- 6 tablespoons of sweet soy sauce
- Wash shallots, cayenne peppers, and tomato
- Cut tomato into small wedges, put in a small bowl/container
- Slice thin all the shallots, add to the bowl of tomato
- Slice cayenne peppers (but not too thin), add to the bowl
- Mix the tomato, shallots, and chilies with lime juice, mix well
- Lastly, add sweet soy sauce, and mix it thoroughly. Your Sambal Kecap is now ready to be served!
It’s easy, delicious, and surely will add the heat to your meal! This Sambal also goes well with omelet, fried chicken, and any other fried food. Try this today!