Finally I did it. After almost a year of thinking about these delicious treats, I stopped procrastinating and cooked up, rather put together all the dry fruits
with honey and rolled them into balls. A fabulous treat with a hot coffee for an instant energy fix.
So if you are looking at trying you hand at this, here are all the steps :
Step 1: Ingredients
- 1/2 cup each of all dry fruits at hand nuts (almonds, cashew nuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts, dried coconut, pistachio).
- 1 tablespoon of ghee
- 1 cup of mixed mejdool dates, raisins and apricots
- 1 teaspoon of ghee
3 tablespoons of honey
Step 2: What to do
- Roast all the mixed nuts in a wok with the ghee. Once roasted add the mejdool dates, raisins and apricot. Roast again for a 1-2 minutes
- Blend coarsely in a blender in batches
Then add 3 tablespoons of honey to bind the mixture.
- Make into balls while still warm
Step 3: Roll into balls
Just 3 steps to wonderfood and my very first food related blogpost.
You can experiment with all kinds of other dried health food such as sesame seeds, sunflower seeds etc to make your unique super food.
by Poonam Sagar