Indoindians Online Event Father’s Day Cake Bake Along Class with Kavita Kapoor.
This was a super duper success with over 35 participants were guided online to bake a simple yet scrumptious Intense Chocolate Hot fudge upside down cake (Eggless) with our master baker Kavita Kapoor.
All the participants had to prepare ahead the following:
Preparation For the Bake Along:
- Cake: Eggless Intense Chocolate Hot fudge upside down cake
- Prepare all your ingredients. Measure all ingredients separately and keep them ready.
- Prepare your baking tin or a deep pyrex dish that is oven proof. Pan size: 16 cms
- Make sure that the measured milk is a little hot, not boiling but hot .
- Keep 1 cup of water in the kettle or stove to boil.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CAKE :
|All purpose flour||120||1 cup|
|Brown sugar||40||¼ cup|
|White sugar||40||¼ cup|
|Dark chocolate chopped||60||⅓ cup|
|Walnuts chopped (optional)||–||2 Tbsp|
INGREDIENTS FOR THE FUDGE SAUCE :
|Brown sugar||50||⅓ cup mix brown & white|
|Instant coffee powder||5||2tsp|
|Cocoa powder||25||⅓ cup|
|Boiling water||240||1 cup|
1. In a bowl add together all the dry ingredients for the cake, stir well
2. To the hot milk , add the chopped chocolate and butter. Stir well to dissolve the chocolate
3. Add the wet ingredients to the above and mix till combined.
4. Transfer the contents to a baking dish / tin.
5. Now add all the ingredients for the sauce in another bowl and mix well.
6. Sprinkle the ingredients onto the prepared tin
7. Pour hot boiling water on the mix. Do not stir .
8. Bake at 165- 170 C , for 25 -30 mins, till the top is set .
9. Remove from the oven and let it cool for 15 -20 mins
10. Now , turn it upside down onto a serving dish
11. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream
Additional Suggested toppings : Strawberries/granola/extra walnuts /oreo crumbs.
Kavita Kapoor has been living In Jakarta, for the last 18 years. After, having worked as a professional in the exports industry for 12 years, and running a small chocolate business in Jakarta, she chose to hang up her boots to raise her kids. While raising her kids, she continued to experiment on her own.
With kids off to study, instead of going back to the corporate world, she decided to follow her passion. She is a trained chocolatier (Australia & Canada). And specializes in fine Belgian truffles, printed chocolates, 3D and made to order cakes and specialty breads. As she aptly puts it.
Find her on instagram at Lovdbitez Bykavitakapoor.