The hibiscus bushes bloom abundantly in Indonesia and the hibiscus lemonade is a wonderfully delicious and cooling drink. Try it out and tell us what you think in the comment section below.
- 10 hibiscus flowers, stamens removed
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 1/4-1/2 cup of raw honey (or sweetener of your choice)
- 8 cups of water
- Heat 4 cups of water till it comes to a rolling boil.
- Add flowers and steep for 5-10 mins.
- Strain flowers
- Add honey stir till dissolved
- Pour into a large jar and add the lemon juice and the rest of the water.
- Refrigerate and serve cold with ice.
The moment you add lemon juice, there is a miracle, the dark brown almost black hibiscus infused sugar solution transforms into the most gorgeous pink.
This is the concentrate. Dilute with cold water and ice to serve.
by Poonam Sagar