- 1 1/2 cups broken vanilla wafer cookies
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 11 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups milk, divided use
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp freshly grated lemon peel
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup honey
- Place cookies and nuts in blender or food processor process until it becomes coarse crumbs.
- Add melted butter process until blended.
- Pour crumb mixture into 9-inch spring-form pan spread and press evenly onto bottom and up sides of pan to form crust.
- Freeze while preparing filling.
- Use electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Slowly add 1 1/4 cups milk, mixing until smooth and well blended. Beat in lemon juice and peel set aside. In small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over remaining 1/4 cup milk; let stand 1 minute. Stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in honey whisk to blend. Add to cheese mixture, mixing until well blended. Freeze 15 minutes; then whisk partially set cheesecake mixture until smooth. Pour into prepared crust and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Drizzle with honey and serve with fresh fruits, and Honey Whipped Cream, if desired. Makes 12 servings.
Are you looking for japanese cheesecake recipe? Make sure to follow the link.