Here are three ways to toast nuts. Here’s how:
- Spread nuts evenly in a flat microwavable dish.
- Cook on high power for 3 to 4 minutes for 1/2 cup of nuts or 4 to 5 minutes for 1 cup.
- Stir three times during cooking.
- For oven toasting, preheat to 375 degrees F.
- In a low sided pan, evenly spread nuts.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Stove top Toasting
- For stove top toasting, melt butter in frying pan.
- Cook over low heat.
- Stir constantly while browning nuts.
- Microwaved nuts will continue to darken after being removed from the oven.
- Oven toasted nuts are done when you can smell them.
- All nuts should be cooled on paper towels.