Cheese tea is the latest food trend that is spreading all around the world. Just with a few simple ingredients, you will be able to make cheese tea within the comfort of your home. Just choose your preferred flavor from peach tea, oolong tea to black tea and top it with cheese batter. This drink originated in Taiwan, and spread to countries across Asia – China, Thailand and even the US.
100ml UT Whipping Cream
100g of Cream Cheese
50ml of Fresh Milk (full cream or whole milk)
1/2 tsp of Salt (preferably sea salt)
50gm of Sugar
Serves 4 drinks
- In a clean mixing bowl, mash cream cheese into smaller pieces.
- Slowly add sugar into cream cheese and beat until the sugar dissolves
- Add milk into the batter while continuing to whisk. It is done if the cheese batter is foamy. Set it aside.
- Take a separate mixing bowl and whisk the whipping cream until medium peak consistency.
- Add the cream mixture into the cheese batter and whisk until foamy.
- Keep in refrigerator
- Brew a cup of tea
- Add ice to cool down the tea
- Layer the cream on top of the tea
Whisk the cheese batter when you are about to use it. That way, you would be introducing air into the cheese and cream topping making it light enough to stay afloat. Scoop the cheese batter and top it on to any beverage of your preference. The usage of a straw is discouraged, as the drinker would taste the drink separately from the topping.
The cheese mixture can last for 24 hours, so it should be kept chilled at all times