Here are 2 methods for making Khoya – condensed milk solid. This is used for making many Indian sweets
Fresh Milk KHOYA
One liter fresh cow milk makes approx 100-150 gram khoya
1. Take one liter of milk in a wok and put it on high flame,
2. once it boils- keep stirring (don’t let it stick in the bottom of wok) till its gets thicker and thicker till all d water content finishes.
3. Turn off the gas and let it cool.
4. Your khoya is ready.
Approx 1/2 kg Khoya
Full cream milk powder 250gms
Desi ghee(clarified butter) 2 tbsp(30gms)
Cold milk to knead the milk into dough(approx 3/4 cup)
A Muslim cloth
1. Add ghee to the milk powder and mix well.
2. Slowly add milk to make a soft dough with the milk powder.
3. U can use a spatula to make the dough first – then with greased hands just tap it smooth into a smooth ball- flat from one side.
4. Now wrap it into a Muslim cloth and put in the steamer for 12-15 mins .
5. After steaming colour will be little creaming brown .let it cool.
6. After cooled the khoya can be taken out from the Muslim cloth and can be grated and used as desired .
7. Before final use – khoya can be sautéed in little ghee to remove the milky smell.