Leela Kothari is a long time resident of Jakarta. She is a multi-talented lady who dances and also is a talented cook. She shared her recipe for Gulab Jamuns a favorite Indian sweet at the What’s Up Chef cooking demo and tasting session.
I. For Gulab Jamun Balls:
4 cups of full cream Milk Powder
1 cup refined flour (Maida)
¼ cup Ghee
1 Teaspoon meetha soda (soda kue)
½ kg Ghee for frying
Milk Approximate 2 cups
II. For Sugar Syrup :
Water 4 ½ Cups
Sugar 4 Cups
Saffron few strings
Almond chips for Decoration.
Sugar Syrup :
- Mix sugar and water and boil to make a clean syrup.
- Add Cardamom Powder and saffron and keep it aside.
- Mix maida and soda properly then add Dancow milk powder mix well
- Now add Melted ghee and mix it well with soft hand
- Make a dough adding milk gradually
- Rest it for 3-4 Hours
- Now crumble it swiftly and blender the mixture to powder
- Take it out in a big bowl
- Again, make a smooth dough adding milk with palms
- Divide dough into equal small pieces
- Make Smooth rounds without any cracks
- Heat Ghee in a deep pan to medium hot and lower the flame
- Put 7-8 round ball in the Ghee one by one
- Fry them until it takes reddish brown color
- Take them out on paper towel
- Dip the balls in warm syrup and keep it overnight
- Serve hot, garnish with silver foil, Pistachio and Almond flakes.
For further information please contact Leela K: +62 818 79 3020