Today we are in Indoindians #7DaysYogaChallenge Day 5 with Rutu Trivedi Panjwani understanding the Upward Dog or Urdhva Mukha Svasana.
This asana strengthens spine, arms and wrist as well as stimulates abdominal organs. Try it!
- Inhale during up stretch
- Normal breathing during hold
- Exhale during going back
- Improves posture.
- Strengthens the spine, arms, wrists.
- Stretches chest and lungs, shoulders, and abdomen.
- Firms the buttocks.
- Stimulates abdominal organs.
- Helps relieve mild depression, fatigue, and sciatica.
- Therapeutic for asthma.
Contradictions and Caution:
- Recent or chronic injury to the back, hips, arms or shoulders, pregnancy and recent abdominal surgery.