It’s the 495th birthday of Jakarta today – 22nd June 2022. From a small port at the mouth of the Ciliwung River, Jakarta has undergone several name changes and continued to grow as a trading center city until it eventually became the city center of power as it is today.
Thurs 23rd June at 2pm Jkt: Indoindians Newsmakers – Charles Hogg, National Coordinator of The Brahma Kumaris Australia. LIVE on fb.com/indoindians
Thurs 30th June at 10am – Indoindians Coffee Morning – Learn to Wear Kain Batik with Gaby Pribadi. Register at bit.ly/ie30june
Fri 8th July at 10am – Indoindians Workshop: Learn Warli Art with Eesha. Register at bit.ly/ie8july
Our newsletter this week is all about Jakarta – history, facts, attractions, shopping, food and more…
- Jakarta – A City With Many Names
- Unique Facts about Ondel-ondel in Jakarta
- History of Jakarta
- Jakarta Facts
- Interesting Facts on Statues in Jakarta
- 8 Iconic Natural Attractions In and Around Jakarta
- In the Mood for a Shopping Spree? Here’s Our List of #MustVisit Shopping Malls in Jakarta!
- 3 Places to Get Jamu in Jakarta
- 7 Souvenirs You Can Buy in Jakarta
- 6 Legendary Es Campur in Jakarta
- 7 Legendary Restaurants To Try in Jakarta
- 16 Restaurants and Cafes with Breathtaking City Views in Jakarta
- 5 Waterfalls to Visit Near Jakarta
Download the NEW & IMPROVED Indoindians Mobile App, so you can access all the articles, event info and even our LIVE videos everywhere. Download today and do share feedback.