Finding healthy snacks can be quite a challenge at times. We all want to eat those greasy, crispy unhealthy snacks. A wonderful alternative is Asparagus, riddled with antioxidants, fiber, folate, potassium and more. Try snacking on these baked asparagus fries for a healthier option which is also keto friendly.
1 pound of asparagus, trimmed
1/2 cup of flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup of panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven 200 degrees. You can either lightly oil the baking sheet or coat it with nonstick spray.
- Mix the panko breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Roll the asparagus in the flour, then dip into the egg. Afterwards, roll into panko mixture. If it’s not sticking well, you can press it for more adhesion.
- Place the asparagus separately on the pan and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve it with whatever sauce you prefer from blue cheese dip, ranch sauce, tomato sauce or chilli sauce.
Rather than eat unhealthy or non-nutritious snacks such as chips, cakes or chocolate, why not snack on these baked asparagus fries. These asparagus fries can also be served to your friends for a dinner party. Delicious, nutritious and easy to cook, we assure you that they will fully enjoy this savory snack!
Have you tried this recipe? Do share in the comments below!