- 11/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1/2 cup oil (extra light olive oil/sunflower oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest of 2-3 lemons
- 1 cup Icing sugar
- Lemon juice 2- 4 tablespoons
- Vanilla extract 1/2 teaspoon
- Zest of 1 lime or finely chopped 1/4 lime (with the skin)
- You will need 1 round cake tin about 7-71/2 inches in diameter.
- Preheat oven to 180 C.Line the baking tin with parchment paper.
- Combine and sieve the flour, baking soda, baking powder and the salt into a large enough bowl which can take in all the other ingredients.
- Make a well and add rest of the ingredients. Mix well with a wooden spoon the batter is smooth, but do not over beat.
- Pour the batter in the cake tin and bake for approximately 40 minutes.
- Check with a skewer.Cool in the pan for about 15-20 minutes, then remove from the tin and arrange on the serving platter.
- Mix the glaze ingredients and pour over the warm cake. Let the glaze set, then serve.