This is made in 2 stages with the base first followed by the lemon topping. Try today!
Makes 12-16 squares
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1/4 tsp Lemon zest
- 2 1/2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- Powdered Sugar to sprinkle on top
- Pre-heat the oven to 350.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Slowly mix in the flour.
- Press the mixture into an 8″ x 8″ pan. Bake for 15 minutes then allow to cool slightly.
- Blend together the eggs, sugar, flour, zest, lemon juice and baking powder. Spread on the cake.
- Return to the oven and bake for 25 minutes longer (or until lightly browned).
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar while hot. Cool and cut into squares.