What you need :
- Lids from food take-away boxes or cheese-spread containers.
- Old greeting cards, postcards or wrapping paper.
- A pencil.
- White craft glue (like Fevicol).
- A transparent varnish (like Touchwood).
- A clean paintbrush.
What you have to do :
- Place a lid over the greeting card, wrapping paper or postcard and trace around the lid with a pencil.
- Cut out the shape you just traced and glue it to the inside surface of the lid.
- Repeat with as many lids as you like.
- Set aside to dry.
- Once the glue has dried, paint a layer of varnish over the paper.
- Set aside to dry, and paint on a second coat of varnish when the first one is dry.
- Once this is dry, your coasters are ready.
- An option is to make a collage with many tiny pieces of greeting cards or magazine pictures.