For any children, making macaroni jewelery is already a common activity. It’s both fun and incites creativity for the children. Take it to the next level by including popcorn jewellery, which adds a fun variety to the activity. Try it out!
- A bowl of prepared popcorn
- A small bowl
- ¼ cup margarine or vegetable shortening
- Food colouring
- A small microwave bowl with a lid
- A blunt embroidery needle
- Colour the popcorn. Use a single colour or as many colours as you like.
- Thread the needle with a length of string… about 18” for a necklace, 6” to 7” for a bracelet.
- Carefully thread the needle through popcorn until you have almost filled up your string.
- Leave enough string at both ends to tie.
- The necklace may be tied and then worn, but tie the bracelet onto your wrist.
- Use a double knot, or the thread will slip out of the knot.
Alternate the popcorn with coloured macaroni or with plastic beads.