The simplest pasta is made of flour, eggs and salt. Allow 100 gms per person
- 200gms plain flour
- sea salt
- 2 eggs (large)
- Place salt and flour on a flat, wide surface.
- Make a well in the centre and break the eggs into the well and whisk. With your hand start to bring the dough together by slowly incorporating the flour.
- Knead the dough into a rough ball for 1 to 2 minutes. Wrap the dough with cling film and set it aside to rest for 30 minutes.
- After resting, flatten the dough with a rolling pin. Separate the dough into small parcels and re-flatten the smaller parcel with a rolling pin again.
- Place the flattened dough through a pasta machine and in one smooth motion run the whole length through.
- Repeat the step above until entire dough is utilised. Bring to boil 5 litres of water with two tablespoons of salt.
- Poach the pasta for 2 minutes and strain.
- Toss pasta in either buffer or extra virgin olive oil.