Combine the ingredients below in a mixing bowl and stir together well :
- 3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup flour (all-purpose or self-rising)
In a heavy saucepan heat the following ingredients just to boiling :
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup honey
- Pour the liquid over the dry ingredients and mix to combine thoroughly.
- Spread the dough in a greased 10 x 15 inch pan (jelly roll pan).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes, just till light brown in color.
- Immediately cut into 24 squares.
- Let cool before lifting from pan.