Almonds: Natural Goodness to a Healthy Life.
Packed with protein, fibre, Vit E, calcium, antioxidants and potassium, almonds are not merely tasty but also make you look good. Almonds are a great snack that fill you up, but don’t let you down. With an irrestible crunch and light flavor, almonds are the perfect on-the-go snack to enjoy at any time of the day.
Royal Chicken in Almond Sauce
A complete meal, delicious and packed with a spicy punch!
- 1.5 skinless, boneless chicken breast
- oil for frying
- 500g thinly sliced onion
- 125 gm flaked almonds, toasted
- 15gm coriander seeds
- 20 cardamom pods
- 3 small red chillies
- 250gm basmati rice, cooked
- 50gm butter
- 20gm flaked almonds and fresh coriander to garnish
- Fry the chicken in batches – just cook until white. Then set aside.
- Cook onions for 8 mins until soft but not browned.
- Add almonds, coriander, cardamom and chillies. Cook for 3-5 mins until cardamom pods puff up. Blend it together with 225 ml of water.
- Return to pan with chicken, yogurt and salt, bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer for 45 mins.
- Turn off heat and allow to rest for 30 mins.
- Mix rice with butter and coriander stem. Top with flaked almonds.
- Serve chicken with rice.
Honey-Orange Glazed Almonds
Perfect for that sweet tooth without the guilt!
- 1 tbsp butter
- 180ml honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 450gm natural almonds
- 1 tbsp fresh grated orange zest
- Line a large oven tray with lightly greased baking paper and set aside.
- Melt butter in a non stick pan over medium heat and add honey and salt. Bring to boil. Stir in almonds and cook, stirring constantly, for 10 -12 mins or until the honey caramelizes.
- stir in orange zest and quickly spread the nuts in a single layer on to the prepared baking sheet.
- cool and separate the nuts from each other.
- store when cool in an air tight container.