Summer holidays mean hanging out at the beach. Water can be tempting but make sure you swim in a safe spot. Swim at a beach patrolled by Life Guards and stay between the flags.
- Never swim alone.
- If you go out on a boat, make sure you wear a lifejacket.
- Always supervise children near water – always
- Ensure every member of your family learns to swim for the following reasons: able to enter the water, get a breath, stay afloat, change position, swim a distance then get out of the water safely.
- Know what to do in a water emergency – including how to help someone in trouble in the water safely, call for emergency help and CPR.
- When supervising children and others around water, ensure activities and skills are appropriate for the conditions and their abilities.