- 100 gram cloud ear mushroom, soaked in hot water until soft, then drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 125 ml medium thick coconut milk (santan) from ¼ coconut
- banana leaves
Spice Paste ingredients :
- 10 red chilies
- 10 bird eye chilies (cabe rawit)
- 7 small shallots
- 3 small cloves garlic
- 5 candlenuts (kemiri)
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cm fresh galangal (langkuas)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp palm sugar or brown sugar
Slice the mushroom in 1 cm lengths and mix together with the egg, coconut milk (santan) and the spice paste blend.
Divide the mixture among 20 packets made of banana leaves. Fold the ends of the packets and seal.
Steam the packets for about 25 minutes until done. Remove and set aside. Broil the packets over medium heat until liquid has evaporated.