Here’s a guilt-free dish with fresh spinach, avocado, bright-red strawberries, and quinoa for a boost of essential amino acids.
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 2 cup strawberries, halved
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup pecan halves
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
For the balsamic vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar, to taste
- To make vinaigrette: whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and sugar in a small bowl; set aside
- Place spinach in a large bowl; top with strawberries, avocado, quinoa, pecans and goat cheese. Pour dressing on top of the salad and gently toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Check out other delicious quinoa recipes here.