Stretching is an important exercise that is undeniably important. It keeps the muscles flexible, strong and healthy. Underrated as it may be, but keeping the flexibility of your muscles will lead to reduced pain and stiffness, improved muscular function, reduced risk of injury, improve blood flow and many more. For that reason, stretching is the basic thing to do before any exercise and should be done on a daily basis.
Simple Quad Stretch
- Stand upright and try to keep the balance while doing this exercise.
- Bend the right leg by grabbing the top of the foot
- While aligning your knees, pull your right leg towards your butt.
- Push your hips forward for a deepened stretch.
Repeat on the other leg.
The Hurdler Hamstring Stretch
- Sit on the floor with one leg out straight.
- Bend the other leg and place the sole of that foot against your opposite inner thigh.
- Extend your arms towards the straight leg by bending at the waist as far as possible
- Hold this position for 10 seconds.
- Repeat with the other leg.
- Sit on the ground and pull both of the soles of your feet pressing against each other.
- For more stretch, move the soles of your feet closer towards the ground.
- Pull your abdominals gently inward and lean forward from your hips.
- Grasp your feet with your hands and carefully pull yourself a small way farther forward.
Figure Four Stretch
- Lie on your back.
- Cross your left foot over your right thigh in a 90 degree angle, and bend your right knee.
- Hold the back of your right leg and gently pull it toward your chest.
- Hold position comfortably.
- Switch sides and repeat.
Doorway Pectoral Stretch
- Stand in the middle of a doorway with one foot in front of the other.
- Bend your elbows at a 90-degree angle and place both your forearms on either side of the door.
- Lean towards your front leg until you feel a stretch in your chest muscles.
- Hold for 15-30 seconds.
- Relax and return to the starting position.
- Repeat these steps 2-3 more times.
Eagle Pose Stretch
- Place right elbow above left elbow
- Next place your left hand and interlace it around the right arm
- Hold the end position for 20-30 seconds
- Repeat on the other side
Overhead triceps stretch
- Lift your right arm towards the ceiling, then bend it to touch the back of your neck.
- Use your left hand to gently push your elbow in toward the center and down.
Hold this stretch 30 seconds for three to four repetitions on each side.
Cross-Body Shoulder Stretch
- Take the right arm and extend it across your body.
- Gently use your left arm to press the right arm towards the body, deepening the stretch.
- Raise both your arms towards the ceiling
- Clasp your hands together.
- Push your hands up and then over to each side of you.
Do you have any other stretches you like to do for flexibility? Tell us in the comments section below!