Vedic Mathematics is based on a book written by an Indian monk, Bharati Krishna Tirtha. Published in 1965, this book filled with mathematical arithmetic techniques inspired by the Vedas. It consists of 16 Sutras (Formulae) and 13 sub-sutras (Sub Formulae) which can be used for problems involved in arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, conics.
Shri Bharathi Krishna Tirthaji Maharaj was born in March 1884 in Orissa. He was particularly talented in mathematics, science, humanities and was also excellent in Sanskrit language. His other interests were also in spiritualism and mediation. It was then during one of his meditation sessions near Sringeri, he rediscovered the Vedic sutras.
These newly discovered sutras were then written on the manuscripts, but were lost before publication. Finally in year 1957, he wrote the now-legendary introductory volume of the 16 sutras now called Vedic Mathematics and has officially been published. Of course, he planned to write other sutras later. Unfortunately, he developed cataract in both of his eyes and passed away in year 1960.
What are the benefits of Vedic Maths?
These are the advantages of Vedic Maths:
- Vedic Math is simple yet interesting compared to regular Math.
- Vedic Mathematics enriches knowledge and understanding of Mathematics, and shows clear links and continuity between various branches of Mathematics.
- Vedic Mathematics methods come as a boon for all competitive exams (such as Management, Banking, Engineering etc.) as mathematic problems can be solved with amazing accuracy and speed.
- Vedic Mathematics being a most natural way of working can be learnt and mastered with ease and in a very short time.
- Vedic Mathematics system also provides a set of independent crosschecking methods.
- The element of choice and flexibility develops clarity of mind and intuition.
- Leads to improvement in mental ability, sharpness, creativity and intelligence.
- Problems are reduced to one-line answers.
- Reduces dependence on calculators.
- Vedic Math is complementary to regular Math taught in schools.
- Students learning Vedic Math excel at school.
- It helps in making intelligent decisions to both simple and complex problems
- It reduces the burden of memorizing difficult concepts
- It increases the concentration of a child and his determination to learn and develop his/her skills
- It helps in reducing silly mistakes which are often created by kids
As Vedic Mathematics contain simple sutras, this meant that calculations can be carried out mentally. For the students, another perk in using Vedic mathematics is its flexible, mental system. This can lead to students creating their own methods, as they are not limited to one ‘correct’ method. As a result, this can lead to more creative, interested and intelligent pupils.
Vedic Mathematics in Indonesia
Math Monkey Indonesia
- Address: Jl. Pluit Samudra No. 9, RT.8/RW.5, Pluit, Jakarta, Penjaringan, RT.8/RW.5, Pluit, Kec. Penjaringan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta
- Phone : (021) 66691204
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Ruko Darmawangsa unit 48, Jl. Darmawangsa VI, RT.5/RW.1, Pulo, Kec. Kby. Baru, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12160
- Phone : 0811-1459-405
- Email : email@example.com