YAM SOM – O
- 1 Pomelo or ruby red – grapefruit
- 1 small whole cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup cooked shrimp
- 1 teaspoon chopped red chile
- 1 1/2 tablespoon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Juice from 1 large lime
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 small head red leaf lettuce for garnish
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- Chopped fresh red chile, julienned for garnish
- Peel and separate pomelo or grapefruit into segments.
- Remove the membranes. Seed. Gently flake the flesh apart into a bowl. Chill.
- Hand shred the chicken. Add chicken and shrimp to pomelo.
- In a small bowl mix together the chopped red chile with fish sauce, sugar, lime juice and coriander; toss with pomelo chicken mixture.
- Arrange the lettuce on a serving platter.
- Put the fruit mixture over the lettuce.
- Top with peanuts and 2 tablespoons of Crisp Fried Shallot Flakes, and garnish with red chile slivers.
Serves 4 to 6 as a salad entree.