It is vacation time again! Time to relax, enjoy, party and make merry. It is also the time when people are rushing around with last minute holiday plans that need to be taken care of. You’re too busy and way too excited to think of issues like travel sickness.
Motion sickness might not just be a minor annoyance however, because when you face it, you’ll dread it and feel like you are having an awful time. Aren’t you looking forward to traveling without experiencing any kind of sickness?
Here’s just the right way to keep you feeling well throughout the journey. So, pack your bags, say goodbye to all those travel bugs and have the time of your life!
- If you know that you are prone to motion sickness, always sit in a position where your eyes will see the same motion that is being felt by your body and your ears.
- If you are in a car, it is better that you sit in the front seat and divert your attention to the scenery all around.
- Traveling in a boat could cause a faint dizziness. If you feel nauseated, go up on the deck and watch the horizon.
- In an airplane, sit by the window, and look outside. Try to find a spot where the motion is minimized, like a seat on the wings.
- If you are in a train, avoid occupying a seat facing backwards.
- Avoid reading while traveling.
- Don’t eat too much or too little before you leave.
- If you do face travel sickness, use a cold compress with a few drops of soothing cologne on your face. This will refresh you and calm you down.
- Try to break up your journey with frequent stops.
- Take deep breath and drink plenty of water.
- Relax and take it easy.
Now you are no longer worried about traveling long distances. Follow these guidelines and have a ball as you go tripping. Hey, you’ve finally put an end to that dreadful feeling of malaise! Pretty cool huh?