Tea, the cup that cheers, can be prepared hot, iced, mixed with milk, fruits, syrup, and other ingredients. Here are some tea recipes to try:
1. Lemon Tea
- 1 tablespoon black tea leaves or 2 black tea bags
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 cups boiling water
- Brew the tea like usual with boiling water
- Add a few drops of lemon instead of milk, and sugar to taste.
- Stir and serve with sliced lemon (optional)
2. Party Spiced Tea
- 10 cups water
- 6 cloves
- a stick of cinnamon
- 6 tsp. tea
- 15 tsp. sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- juice of 2 lemons
- Boil the spices in the water.
- Pour onto the tea and brew for 5 minutes.
- Strain and add sugar and fruit juices.
- Serve garnished with slices of orange and cinnamon sticks.
3. Masala Chai
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons black tea
- Crush the cloves, cardamom pods and cinnamon in a mortar or use a coffee grinder.
- Put the crushed spices in a small saucepan, add the water, ginger, and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat, cover and let steep for 5 minutes. Add the milk and sugar to the pan and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and add the tea, cover and let steep for 3 minutes.
- Stir the chai, then strain it into teacups.
4. Iced Mint Tea
- 3 green tea bags
- 1 quart boiling water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 large lemon, sliced
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 2 cups cold water
- Brew tea in boiling water, and let steep for 10 minutes
- Pour brewed tea into a serving pitcher. Add sugar and lemon, and use the mint bunch to stir and dissolve the sugar. When sugar is dissolved, drop mint leaves into the pitcher and add 2 cups cold water.
- Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. Strain mint out before serving.
- Serve chilled.