Welcome to day 1 of the 7 Saree Style Challenge and we start with the splendor of the traditional Nivi style saree. The Nivi style is the most popular style in which most of us drape the saree. This is also the drape followed by the Air India hostesses and in the hospitality industry as well as corporate world in India.
We invite you to participate in our #7SareeStyleChallenge with Indoindians. Add your photograph or video or facebook live wearing the nivi style saree drape and post it on your facebook wall or the Indoindians Facebook with hashtags #indoindians #7SareeStyleChallenge #indoindiansSareeStory.
Remember to tag @indoindians in your post 🙂 Invite your friends to participate too.
- A stylish Saree
- A matching petticoat
- A fitted Blouse
- A pair of comfortable heels
- Complimenting Jewelry
- Few safety pins
- And around 4 Minutes
Easy Steps to Drape Nivi Style Saree
Video source: YouTube
- We’ll start with tucking one end of the Saree in the petticoat and wrap one full round.
- Ensure the Saree length falls just an inch short of the floor.
- Now, pick the other end of the Saree and make 6-7 pallu pleats.
- Hold the pleats and from around the back bring it to the front.
- Take the pleated pallu over the left shoulder, pin it up neatly on the shoulder and leave the pallu hanging.
- Now, focusing on the untied portion of the Saree, hold the Saree upper edge from the left and tuck it in the inskirt towards right.
- Make 6-7 pleats on the untied Saree portion and tuck it in the petticoat, pleats facing left.
- To hold the pleats in place make sure you pin it together from inside.
Tips & Tricks
- Wear a petticoat of the same color as the Saree.
- Be set with your footwear beforehand to get the right length of Saree at the foot.
- Keep safety pins handy for quick pin-ups.
- Be ready with basic make-up, to save on time.
- Accessorize with Jewelry.
If you have any comments/queries/tips do post below