Bihari Keema is a delicious family meal cooked with spices, coconut and yogurt. Serve it with paratha. It has a delicious taste and sure to be a hit with the whole family.
Mutton Mince ½ kg double machined
Yogurt 1 cup
Poppy seeds 1 tbsp heaped
Desiccated coconut 1 tbsp heaped
Button red chilies 12
Green cardamom 3
Cinnamon sticks 2
Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp heaped
Salt 1 tsp
Nutmeg grinded ¼ tsp
Mace grinded ¼ tsp
Brown onion grinded 3 tsp
Allspice (pissa garam masala) 1 tsp
Raw papaya 1 tbsp heaped grinded
Ghee / oil ½ cup
- Roast and grind together poppy seeds, desiccated coconut, button red chilies, cloves, cinnamon and green cardamom finely.
- Marinate mince with raw papaya, ginger garlic paste and keep for 2 hours.
- Heat ghee add roasted and ground masala with ¼ cup water, salt and fry for few minutes.
- Add marinated mince, mix well add yogurt, cover and cook on slow flame till water dries.
- Add brown onion, allspice, give dum of coal.
- Serve garnished with coriander and green chilies.
- Best accompanied with paratha.
Bihari keema is a variation of bihari kebabs or boti. It goes well with khameeri paratha, green chutney and onion rings.
by Shabana Akbany