Makar Sankranti / Lohri Recipes :
- 1 cup flattened rice or poha
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts without skins
- 1/2 cup almonds/cashews
- 1/4 cups raisins
- 1 cup potato sticks
- 5 green chillies chopped
- 1 tsp lemon salt
- 2 tsps sugar coarsely powdered
- sunflower cooking oil to deep fry.
How to make chivda ?
The poha can be deep-fried in a deep-bottomed frying pan
(dry roasted in an oven for calorie option)
- Put oil on medium heat.
- When oil is ready, add poha. It will puff immediately.
- Drain the oil from sago with the help of a sieve and put it over tissue paper
- Fry all poha let the tissue paper soak extra oil from them.
- Now, fry green chillies, curry leaves, almonds and cashews.
- Add raisins and the fried ingredients to sago with salt and ground sugar.
- When cooled keep it in an air tight containers.Use it as snacks with tea.