Bakwan Jagung is one of the loved side dishes in Indonesia. Not only is it delicious as a side dish, it is also delicious as a snack. The crunchiness, combined with the sweetness of the corn creates a marvellous food combination that can leave people wanting for more.
- 3 leek stalks, finely chopped
- 1 celery leaf stalk, finely chopped
- 350 grams wheat flour
- 100 grams rice flour
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp chicken seasoning powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- Some salt
- Some pepper
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 300 ml water
How to make it:
- Add the corn, leeks and celery stalk into a bowl.
- Mix in all of the powders, starting from wheat flour, rice flour, garlic powder, chicken seasoning powder, onion powder, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Add in water, corn, leeks, celery and corn to the powder mixture.
- Heat the pan and wait until the oil has heated. Fill cooking oil until half the pan, so it would not overflow.
- Put in the batter into the pan one by one using a spoon. Fry until the bakwan is golden brown in colour.