Welcome to day 1 of our healthy #7DaySimplySalads recipes for weight loss. The printable shopping list is here>>
Today, broccoli has become a common household favorite and is widely used in various dishes. Raw or steamed, broccoli is always an excellent salad ingredient that can add taste and up the health quotient of your food. This vegetable also mixes well with both the varieties.
Broccoli is high in fiber content, so it keeps you satiated and controls your hunger. One cup of cooked broccoli can give you twice the amount of Vitamin C and K that your body needs per day. One such serving of broccoli only contains a little over 40 calories.
So, if you are aiming for weight loss, here is the recipe of healthy green broccoli salad from our #7DaySimplySalads
- 1 small broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tomato, cut into small cubes
- 1 apple (red/green), cut into small square pieces
- 1 onion, cut into small cubes
- 1 capsicum, cut into small cubes
- Lettuce leaves
- Coriander leaves
- Mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise or cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Boil water in a pan and add salt to the water, let it boil. When the water starts boiling, add broccoli florets and let them boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat, and rinse broccoli in cold water.
- Mix cream/mayonnaise, tomato sauce, soya sauce, lemon juice, salt, pepper, chopped coriander leaves, mint leaves and garlic in a mixer. Make a paste for salad dressing.
- Mix apple, capsicum, and broccoli in a large bowl. Take the dressing and spread in on the vegetables.
- Garnish with lettuce leaves, sprinkle with black pepper and oregano.
- Keep in the refrigerator for 1 hour and serve cold.