In order to get maximum benefits from Rudraksha it needs to be sanctified & energized also known as Pran Prathista prior to its use for the first time.
There are various benefits for the use of these divine seeds.
ENERGIZING (Pran Prathistha) of Rudraksha
- An auspicious Day, Date and Nakshtra based on Name, Date of Birth and Place of Birth
- Then the mind is cleared of all negative thoughts so as to achieve a clear and positive mind frame.
- A mat is placed on the floor in such a way that the face is towards East, North or North-East while performing the Pran Pratishtha Puja of the Holy Rudraksha Bead.
- The Rudraksha is washed with fresh milk and holy water. After that Sandalwood Paste is applied to it and it is kept on the Special Aasan (Seat) made for it in front of Lord Shiva’s idol.
- Incense or a lamp is lit in front of the Rudraksha and fresh flowers, fruits, sweets and Panchamrut (A Special Spiritual Preparation made of Five items viz, Holy Water, Milk, Ghee, Honey and Curd) is offered to Lord Shiva and the Holy Rudraksha Bead
- After that your Name, Date of Birth and Place or Birth are said aloud with an intention to Energize the Holy Rudraksha Bead along with a request to Lord Shiva to lead a more Happier, Healthier and Wealthier Life after wearing the Holy Rudraksha Bead.
- Close your eyes and concentrate on the Holy Rudraksha Bead while reciting the Beej Mantra of the Rudraksha for 108 times followed by recitation of other Mantras to appease Lord Shiva.
- This completes the procedure which is called as “Prana Prathistha” of Rudraksha. This procedure is thought to create energy within the Rudraksha .
Rudraksha Beej Mantra
The Beej Mantra for various Mukhi Rudrakshas are as follows. You may yourself recite the mantra of the Rudraksha bead for 11 times every day or at least on every Monday
One Mukhi “Om Namaha Shivaya”
“Om Hreem Namaha ”
Two Mukhi “Om Namah ”
Three Mukhi “Om Kleem Namah”
Four Mukhi “Om Hreem Namah ”
Five Mukhi “Om Hreem Namah ”
Six Mukhi “Om Hreem Hum Namah ”
Seven Mukhi “Om Hum Namah ”
Eight Mukhi “Om Ganeshaya Namah ”
Nine Mukhi “Om Hreem Hum Namaha”
Ten Mukhi “Om Hreem Namah ”
Eleven Mukhi “Om Shree Rudray Namah”
Twelve Mukhi “Shree Suryay Namah ”
Thirteen Mukhi “Om Hreem Namah ”
Fourteen Mukhi “Om Shivaya Namaha ”
Points to Remember
- Rudraksha should not be worn while attending a funeral
- Rudraksha should be removed before sleeping. It can be worn again next morning after taking bath.
- One should wear a Rudraksha which has been energized with mantras to get full benefit.
- It should not be worn when visiting a new born baby.
- Rudraksha should always be kept cleaned. After regular cleaning with the help of soft bristles, it should be oiled especially when not using it for sometime or storing it for a while.
- Rudraksha should be worn around the neck in a thread, silver or gold.
- After cleaning wash the bead with ganga jal that helps maintain its sanctity.
- Rudraksha should not be cleaned with chemicals, soaps or shampoos which reduce its life.
- Avoid wearing Rudraksha while taking bath to keep it away from soap and chemicals.