There are many ways to chase youthfulness. It can be through eating the right diet, it can be through exercising and even going to the doctors for treatments. Yet another way of masking wrinkles and preserving your youth looks is through facial fitness. Working on your facial muscles is effective.
What is Facial Fitness?
Facial fitness relies on exercising facial muscles, to create a firmer and more radiant skin. This excercise increases the circulation of blood to different areas of the face, increasing the oxygen supply in the muscles and the skin. Resulting in bright complexion and healthy skin.
Toning exercises, in particular, increases the tautness of the muscles for firmer skin. The increased supply of oxygen to the cells with nutrients can stimulate the regeneration of skin cells and prevents wrinkles at the same time. This also releases any tension in the skin and cells, reducing the chances of wrinkles on the skin.
Here are different facial exercises you can practice on your face:
- Slowly look up and stretch your neck as much as possible.
- Focus on your chin being pulled from the ceiling
- Afterwards, stick your tongue as high as possible.
- Keep the position for 10 seconds.
- Smile as widely as you can
- Press your fingertips into the folds between nose and lips
- Lift up the muscles while pressing down your fingertips into the muscles.
- This move will create resistance to the cheeks, resulting in plumper and rounder cheeks.
- Press the tip of your tongue to the roof of your mouth.
- Look upwards with your chin to the ceiling, smile and swallow
- Do this for 30-60 seconds.
- Frown as hard as you can to bring both eyebrows together
- Next, do the opposite and lift your eyebrows as high as possible while opening your eyes widely.
- Repeat the movements five times
- Sit in a comfortable position
- Tilt the head backwards
- Pucker your lips tightly and push it forwards
- Hold for 8-10 seconds
- Repeat the movement five times
Under the Eyes
- Wink with one eye, keeping the other eye open.
- Hold this position for one second
- Ensure that you are contracting all of the muscles around the eyes
- Release and repeat 20-25 times on both eyes
- Relax the face and keep your eyes open
- Lift your lower eyelids (without moving your upper eyelids)
- Hold for 1-2 seconds
- Release and repeat for 20-25 times
Drooping Eyelids, Crow’s Feet, Eye Bags and Puffiness
- Press both middle fingers together at the inner corner of the eyebrows
- Use your index fingers to apply pressure to the outer corners of the eyebrows.
- Look to the ceiling
- Raise the lower eyelids upwards to make a strong squint, and then relax
- Repeat for six times
- Finish by squeezing eyes shut tightly for 10 seconds
Cheek Lines and Sagging Skin
- Hide the teeth while making an ‘O’ shape with the mouth
- Try to smile as wide as possible while keeping the teeth hidden
- Repeat six times
- Next, hold the smile shape while placing one index finger on the chin.
- Start to move the jaw up and down while slowly tilting the head backwards.
- Relax and repeat twice
- Place both hands on the forehead facing inwards
- Spread all of the fingers out between the eyebrows and hairline.
- Gently move the fingers outwards across the forehead
- Do this gently in order to tighten the skin
- Relax and repeat the movement for 10 times.
Although there hasn’t been any research to prove how effective these yoga exercises are, many people have already tried it and even seen results from it. They are reported to have less wrinkles, look more radiant and younger then before practicing the fitness.
Have you ever tried these moves? Share your experience with us in the comments section below.