Kefir is fermented milk that is beneficial to the body, as it contains more than 40 types of good bacteria. This helps the gut and digestive system as soon as it is ingested. Kefir itself is not difficult to make and easy to be incorporated into various recipes and is particularly delicious to be made into lassi.
Ingredients for Kefir Lassi:
- 1 cup kefir (full-fat, low-fat, or nondairy)
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 tsp honey
- Pinch ground cardamom
Optional: ½ cup diced frozen fruit (mango, strawberries, or banana)
Ingredients for Kefir:
- 2 Tbsp Kefir Grains
- 2 Cups Milk
How to make Kefir
- Mix 2 tablespoons of kefir grains into 2 cups of milk.
- Pour the mixture in a jar with a tight-fitting lid
- Let everything culture at room temperature for 12–36 hours.
- Strain kefir grains to get drinkable kefir
How to make Kefir Lassi:
Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender until it reaches creamy consistency.