How about fresh, juicy salmon combined with barley salad for today’s lunch?
This dish will delight with every dill-and-parsley-infused bite.
- 1/2 cup pearl barley
- kosher salt
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp olive oil\
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 1/4 lb skinless salmon fillet
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 stalk celery
- 1/2 seedless cucumber
- 1 bunch arugula
- In a medium saucepan, combine the barley, 1 1/2 cups water and 1/4 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until the barley is tender for 20 to 25 minutes. Drain off any remaining water in the pan and spread the barley on a baking sheet to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, mustard, and 1 tablespoon oil. Stir in parsley, 4 tablespoons dill, and lemon zest. Place the salmon on a foil-lined baking sheet. Spread the herb mixture over the salmon and roast until the salmon is opaque throughout.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, lemon juice, remaining dill, remaining 2 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add the celery, cucumber, and cooled barley and toss to combine.
- Flake the salmon into large pieces. Divide the arugula among bowls, top with the barley mixture, then the salmon.