- 4 tbsp oil
- 15 shallots, peeled and sliced
- 10 gloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 14 large red chilies, seeds removed, sliced
- 2 medium- sized tomatoes cut in wedges
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed limejuice
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan or wok.
- Add shallots and garlic and sautÃ© 5 minutes over low heat. Add chilies and sautÃ© another 5 minutes, then add tomatoes and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add limejuice. Put all ingredients in a food processor and puree coarsely. Season to taste with salt. Cool before using.