Here is a really simple microwave Badam barfi recipe. It takes all the hard work out of this traditional Indian sweet making process. Try it out today.
- 1 cup – Almonds (finely powdered, with skin)
- 1 cup – besan (gram flour)
- 1 cup – Milk
- 3 cups – Sugar
- 3 tbsp – Ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 tsp – finely chopped Pistachios and Almonds
- Take a big microwavable bowl, add sugar and milk to it.
- Mix well and microwave for 2 mins or till sugar melts.
- Add besan, badam powder, ghee and mix well.
- Microwave for 15 mins, stirring every 5 mins.
- Add a drop of mix in to a bowl of water to check if it forms a soft ball.
- Once the soft ball consistency is achieved, pour the liquid into a greased plate, sprinkle finely chopped pista and badam, press gently on the mix.
- Cut into diamond shapes when still slightly warm.
- Remove and serve when cooled.