Day 6 #IndoindiansYogaChallenge: GOMUKHASANA- Cow-Face Pose
GOMUKHASANA- Cow-Face Pose
Going into the asana:
– Slide your knees toward your center line, stacking the right knee directly over the left.
– Twist the right hand behind you, above your head
– Then twist the left hand behind, below your head
– Interlock the hands
– Relax your neck, with the spine straight
Effects of the asana:
– Deep stretch of hips, ankles, thighs, shoulders, armpit, chest, deltoid and triceps
– May help correct posture.
– Creates flexibility on all parts of the body.
– open your hips and chest, fixing the slumping position many adopt while sitting for a long time
– Aids chronic knee pain
– Strengthens spine and abdominals
– Helps decompress low spine (during folded variation)
– Clears hip joint
Tips & Requirements:
- Wear comfortable lose clothes during the asanas.
- Use a yoga mat or a carpet to perform your asanas. Don’t directly practice on the floor.
- Practice on an empty stomach empty or at least 2-3 hours of gap between meals.
Follow the directions of the asana/pose till you can do it perfectly. Post your photo/video or go FB live in the asana challenge of the day and remember to tag @INDOINDIANS on Instagram & FB with hashtag #IndoindiansYogaChallenge
You can also tag your friends and nominate them to participate in the challenge with you.
Lets Get Set Go….Pose…Click
Join in the learning and practice of the Yoga practice leading towards the International Day of Yoga on June 21. We at Indoindians challenge you all to join the #IndoindiansYogaChallenge
If you have any questions or comments, do post below or on the Indoindians FB wall.