Day 6 #IndoindiansYogaChallenge: PADMASANA- Lotus pose
PADMASANA- Lotus pose
Going into the asana:
– Start by sitting on the floor with legs straight.
– Then bend the right leg at the knee, hold the right foot with the hands and place the foot at the root of the left thigh.
– Next bend the left leg, hold the left foot with the hands and place it at the root of the right thigh (crossing over the right leg).
– Relax and extend the spine up straight. Hands can be placed on the knees, thighs or folded in Namaskar in front of the chest.
Effects of the asana:
– It is one of the most relaxing asanas and recommended for practicing pranayama (breath control).
– Good for curing stiffness in the knees and ankles.
– Increases blood circulation in the lumbar region of the spine & the abdomen.
Tips & Requirements:
- Wear comfortable lose clothes during the asanas.
- Use a yoga mat or a carpet to perform your asanas. Don’t directly practice on the floor.
- Practice on an empty stomach empty or at least 2-3 hours of gap between meals.
Follow the directions of the asana/pose till you can do it perfectly. Post your photo/video or go FB live in the asana challenge of the day and remember to tag @INDOINDIANS on Instagram & FB with hashtag #IndoindiansYogaChallenge
You can also tag your friends and nominate them to participate in the challenge with you.
Lets Get Set Go….Pose…Click
Join in the learning and practice of the Yoga practice leading towards the International Day of Yoga on June 21. We at Indoindians challenge you all to join the #IndoindiansYogaChallenge
If you have any questions or comments, do post below or on the Indoindians FB wall.