Day 7 #IndoindiansYogaChallenge: VASISTHASANA – dedicated to sage Vasistha
This is the last day of the challenge. Thank you all for being with us on this week of yoga.
VASISTHASANA – dedicated to sage Vasistha
Going into the asana:
– Start by going into Downward Facing Dog pose.
– Turn the whole body sideways to the right and balance on the right arm and right foot, with the right palm pressing down into the mat.
– Place the left foot over the right foot, and then keeping your balance, extend the left arm up.
– To move to the left side, come back into downward facing dog pose and then shift the weight to the left arm and left foot.
Effects of the asana:
– Helps to strengthen the wrist, arm, tones arm muscles.
– Strenghthens the legs and tones the lumbar region of the spine.
Tips & Requirements:
- Wear comfortable lose clothes during the asanas.
- Use a yoga mat or a carpet to perform your asanas. Don’t directly practice on the floor.
- Practice on an empty stomach empty or at least 2-3 hours of gap between meals.
Follow the directions of the asana/pose till you can do it perfectly. Post your photo/video or go FB live in the asana challenge of the day and remember to tag @INDOINDIANS on Instagram & FB with hashtag #IndoindiansYogaChallenge
You can also tag your friends and nominate them to participate in the challenge with you.
Lets Get Set Go….Pose…Click
Join in the learning and practice of the Yoga practice leading towards the International Day of Yoga on June 21. We at Indoindians challenge you all to join the #IndoindiansYogaChallenge
If you have any questions or comments, do post below or on the Indoindians FB wall.