KANDA (ONION) BHAJJI
- 3 onions cut in strips
- 1 1/2 cup gram flour
- 1 tbsp. rice flour
- 6-7 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. hot oil
- salt to taste
- oil to deep fry
- Sprinkle salt over onion in a wide bowl. Keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well. Do not add more water. The water given out while onion marinated is enough.
- Mix well, heat oil.
- Drop gently small lumps of mixture in hot oil.
- Deep fry on med. heat till golden brown.
- Drain on kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot with chutney or ketchup.
Makes: 18-20 bhajjies
Shelflife: Best fresh