- 8 nos Cloves
- 1/2 kg Mutton, cleaned, cubed
- 8 nos Peppercorns
- 2 nos large Onions, chopped
- 1/2 no Coconut Grated
- 1 cup Coriander leaves
- 6 nos Red Chilies
- 4 nos large Potatoes, peeled & halved
- 3 nos Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp Tumeric powder
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Poppy seeds
- 1 tsp Aniseeds
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1 Cup Oil
- Salt to taste
- Add salt, turmeric and ginger-garlic paste to the meat pieces. Mix well and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil. To this add cloves, peppercorn, poppy seeds, coriander seeds, aniseeds and red chilies. Lightly fry. Now add the onion and cook till it turns slightly brown.
- Add the coconut and tomatoes. Cook for a few minutes more, till it browns.
- Cool, grind to a paste and keep aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a pressure cooker and add the meat and potatoes. Stir fry till brown.
- Add masala paste and salt.
- Add water if needed and pressure cook till meat is soft. Remove from the cooker into a serving pot.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.