SPICY MISAL PAV
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 lemon (extract juice)
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1/2 tsp. garam masala
- 1/4 tsp. crushed cumin seeds
- salt to taste
- 6-8 pavs
- chopped onions, fine sev, lemon quarters
Grind to a paste:
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander
- 8-10 green chillies
- 1/2 cup fresh coconut grated
- Heat oil in a heavy large vessel.
- Add paste and stirfry for 2 minutes. Add 3 cups water and bring to a boil. Add all other ingredients, stir and boil.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook till oil separates, floats on top and peas are soft.
- Check, add more chillies or garam masala if desired.
- Serve steaming hot along with bread or pav, chopped onions and pieces of lemon.
- To garnish: sprinkle some ‘indian sev’ over individual bowls.
Making time: 30 minutes
Makes: 3-4 servings
Shelflife: 2 days refrigerated, (Frozen 2 months)