The morning after a big night out or a home party can leave you feeling tired and lethargic. Try this plan ahead one pan meal to brighten up the day.
- 1 lb Pork Sausage
- 6 eggs
- 2 Cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 small loaf of day old French bread, cubed
- 1/2 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 Cup shredded smoked cheddar or gouda
- Prepare this the night before and cook it the morning after!
- Saut sausage, drain well and place on paper towels to absorb the excess grease.
- In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly mix the eggs, milk, salt and mustard.
- Layer the bread cubes sausage and cheese in a 9 X 13 baking dish that has been sprayed with pan release or spray vegetable oil.
- Pour the egg mixture over all. Refrigerate this over night tightly covered with plastic wrap. In the morning, remove the plastic wrap and bake at 250 degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Jiggle the pan to make sure the eggs are set.
May use plan Gouda if not able to find smoked.