Are you planning to go to Bandung?
The capital city of West Java offers many tourist attractions and experiences, from culinary, shopping, natural attractions like Kawah Putih, to mystery tour for adrenaline junkies. It is the favorite weekend destination for Jakartans. From Jakarta, you can reach Bandung by air (via Husein Sastranegara Airport Bandung), train, bus, or car.
If you want to enjoy the beautiful landscape of Indonesia and enjoy a stress free, traffic jam free trip, train is the best option for you. It takes about 3 hours—slightly longer than if you take a plane or car—but you are free from traffic jam (especially in Cikampek highroad).
There are three train classes from Jakarta to Bandung: KA Ekonomi (Economy class), KA Bisnis (Business class), and KA Eksekutif Jakarta Bandung (Executive class).
Options for KA Ekonomi from Jakarta to Bandung are Serayu Pagi train or Serayu Malam train. Both depart from Pasar Senen station in Jakarta and arrive at Kiaracondong. Serayu trains do not stop at Bandung station.
|KA Serayu Pagi||9.00am from Pasar Senen station||12.25pm at Kiaracondong station||Rp70.000|
|KA Serayu Malam||21.00pm from Pasar Senen station||00.13am at Kiaracondong station||Rp70.000|
Argo Parahyangan train serves both Business and Executive class from Jakarta to Bandung. Unlike Serayu train, Argo Parahyangan departs from Gambir station in Jakarta and arrives at Bandung station.
|KA Argo Parahyangan||10.15am from Gambir station||13.35pm at Bandung station||Rp90.000|
|11.45am from Gambir station||14.57pm at Bandung station||Rp90.000|
|20.00pm from Gambir station||23.12pm at Bandung station||Rp90.000|
Executive train classes are also operated by Argo Parahyangan. Here is the full schedule:
|KA Argo Parahyangan||05.00am from Gambir station||08.34am at Bandung station||Rp120.000|
|08.30am from Gambir station||11.59am at Bandung station||Rp120.000|
|10.15am from Gambir station||13.35am at Bandung station||Rp120.000|
|11.45am from Gambir station||14.57pm at Bandung station||Rp120.000|
|12.45pm from Gambir station||15.47pm at Bandung station||Rp120.000|
|18.15pm from Gambir station||21.27pm at Bandung station||Rp120.000|
|20.00pm from Gambir station||23.12pm at Bandung station||Rp120.000|
Here are some tips if you are travelling by train:
- Buy the tickets online to avoid the long queue at the station. You can buy it at official sites of Kereta Api Indonesia or other ticketing websites such as traveloka.com or tiket.com
- Wear comfortable clothes during the trip. Trains are air-conditioned (except economy class) but sometimes the AC is not too cool. Bring scarf or jacket too if you have low tolerance to cold.
- Don’t forget to have a meal before you start the trip. The foods available on train are quite expensive, so it is strongly recommended if you have meals before the trip or bring your own food and drinks.
- Make sure you can keep an eye to your belongings during the trip. You can place your bags or suitcase in the leg room or overhead compartments
- Bring books, laptops, tablets and of course your mobile for entertainment during the trip.
If you have traveled from Jakarta to Bandung by train, please share your experiences….