This is the go to recipe for a satisfying Sunday lunch with buttery Naan or crisp rotis. Really the most flavorsome and easy method to cook a wonderful mutton dish in your trusty pressure cooker.
- 500 gms boneless mutton (cleaned and cubed)
- 3/4 cup oil
- 4 potatoes boiled , peeled and cut into 4 pieces
- 3 large onions , peeled and cut into 4 pieces
- 8 / 10 cloves (laung)
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 10 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 10 / 12 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- 1 tsp turmeric (haldi powder)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Mix all the ingredients of the marinade in a pan. Add the mutton and mix well.
- Marinate this mixture for about 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a wok and stir fry the potatoes until golden brown. Remove from oil and keep aside.
- In the same oil fry the onions until golden. Remove from oil and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining oil add the laung, wait a few seconds and then add the meat mixture and stir.
- Fry well for about 15 minutes or till the yogurt dries up.
- Add 3 cups of hot water and transfer the meat into a pressure cooker. Pressure cook to give 2 / 3 whistles, after this lower the flame and cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove from fire. After the pressure drops, open the cooker and add fried potatoes and onions and cook for another 5 minutes.
Serve hot with Naan bread or rotis, garnished with coriander leaves and slice of lime.
by Shabana Akbany