Here is Aparna’s much requested vegetarian pasta sauce.
- 4 tomatoes – blanched, peeled and chopped
- 1 capsicum – chopped finely
- 200 gms mushrooms – chopped finely
- 2 large onions – chopped finely
- 4 pods of garlic – chopped finely
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and add garlic, onion and mushrooms.
- Cook till done and then add the capsicum.
- Fry for a few minutes and then add the tomatoes.
- When tomatoes are reduced to a pulp and oil can be seen, add oregano, sugar, salt, ½ cup tomato puree and ¼ cup tomato sauce.
- Add sufficient hot water to get the consistency required.
by Aparna Nagang