- 2 tbsp Corn oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2/3 Mushrooms, diced
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Haldi powder (turmeric)
- 1 cup Cooked rice
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 4 Tomatoes large and firm
- Heat oil in pan, add cumin seeds and cook until they pop. Add onions and saute until they are clear.
- Add mushrooms and powdered spices and cook for 5 min.
- Add rice, coriander leaves, and salt, mix and remove from heat.
- Prepare the tomatoes by cutting off their tops and scooping out the flesh.
- Fill the tomatoes with the rice mixture and serve at room temperature.
- You could also grill the tomatoes slightly,if desired. Top with some cheese and grill till it melts.